Dear Sixth Grade Parents/Guardians,
Each year, as part of the sixth grade curriculum, our students attend a week at Outdoor School.
WHAT IS OUTDOOR SCHOOL?
Click Here For Camp Loma Mar's website
- Environmental study of three ecosystems
- Decision-making skills
- Cooperative learning
- Study of environmental protection
WHEN DO WE GO?
- Panthers - typically in March
- Cheetahs - typically in March
WHERE DO WE GO?
- Camp Loma Mar located in the San Mateo Mountains
WHAT DOES IT COST?
- Approximately $450 per student
- This pays for food, lodging, transportation, and medical insurance.
- This also pays for the professional naturalists from the Exploring New Horizons program.
- Suggested payment schedule:
1st payment: due in October
2nd payment: due in December
3rd payment: due in February
Creekside recognizes that some families may not be able to donate the entire amount towards the cost of this trip. If this is in fact the case, contact Ms. Eagles or Ms. Fuentes in the Counseling department for assistance.
|Each year, as part of the sixth grade curriculum, our students may attend a week at Outdoor School.|