Appropriate dress and grooming promote a serious academic atmosphere and assure the physical and emotional safety of every individual. Students are expected to give proper attention to personal cleanliness and to wear clothes that are suitable for the school activities in which they participate.
In addition, the following guidelines apply at school:
- Shoes must be worn at all times. High heels, flip-flops, slippers, athletic slides, and wedges are not allowed. Appropriate shoes are needed for P.E.
- Clothes shall be sufficient to conceal undergarments at all times.
- Clothing should not expose the torso or chest (cleavage, stomach, or buttocks).
- Clothing, jewelry, and personal items shall not endorse or promote, with picture or words:
- the use of tobacco, alcohol, or drugs
- vulgar images or slurs
- offensive symbols used to intimidate or harass
- gang related signs or colors
5. Head gear must be removed when entering any building. Exceptions are made for religious or health reasons.