Summer Resources for Students
Summer Resources for Creekside Middle School
- Start with a Book – A project from Reading Rockets, offers some great ideas for summer reading. This collection offers books and activities to help kids explore a variety of subjects like dinosaurs, money, and much more. Plus, be sure to check out their Summer Science collection for engaging in DIYsummer science learning.
- TeenReads – This site has hundreds of book reviews, information on the most popular series, lists of the best graphic novels and the Ultimate Reading List.
- Summer Reading and Learning for Middle School Kids – This article highlights useful websites, ideas, and strategies for helping middle school students stay active readers during the summer. There are links to reading lists, online reading contests, and ideas for practice reading with tech tools.
- CoolMath.com – This site offers tutorials, games, resources to continue those hard-earned math skills this summer. There are pre-algebra, algebra, and pre-calculus lessons.
- MathPlayground – Created by a math teacher this site offers games that require specific and complex skills, logic puzzles and an amazing supply of word problems. The games use manipulatives to help make even the most abstract math concepts clear. Tops include fractions, multiplication, percentages and more.
- Calculation Nation – This resource offers fun, web-based games for students.
- National Park Service Web Rangers – Complete more than 4 dozen activities—puzzles, mysteries, quizzes, etc.—to earn your “WebRanger” status. The activities vary in difficulty level and topic (parks, animals, nature, people, history, science and puzzles).
- Smithsonian Institute for Kids – Take a closer look at these engaging online exhibits from the Smithsonian Institution covering art, science & nature, history & culture and people & places.
- Summer Fun Activities and Games – This collection features plenty of activities to keep busy and learning this summer. From hands-on science activities, to outdoor games, there are dozens of ideas here to start.